Friday, February 10, 2012

Bacon Rights

The Obama administration today announced that all hospitals will be required to offer bacon and other pork products on their menus. 

The mandate includes Islamic and Jewish hospitals. 



Kathleen Sebelius, the Secretary of Health and Human Services, announced that this mandate was in no manner an infringement of religious freedoms, but simply providing fair services for pro-pork advocates that have been the victims of discrimination.

When asked about the mandate, the Detroit Director of the ACLU applauded the mandate stating that the pork producers had been suffering unimaginable losses by hospitals that believed they should not have to provide free pork products for all their patients stating, "Pro-pork advocates have been unfairly targeted by the Islamic and Jewish hospitals long enough."

The activist group, Code Pink Ham has also been protesting in front of Jewish Deli's across the nation demanding they serve ham to the disadvantaged pro-pork victims.  It's been rumored that mandate will follow shortly.

A lone wingnut Congressman, who asked not be to identified, wondered aloud, "I might actually have to finally read the Constitution, but I was almost sure there was freedom of religion in there somewhere."

15 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Brilliant. Linked.

Rita said...

Thx Ed. I love a man that recognizes my brilliance. ;D

Joe said...

I wish I had written that. Ed is right -- brilliant.

Coffeypot said...

Bacon everywhere...God bless him. Who care about religious beliefs...unless, of course, the are Muslim. He has finally done something I can agree with...bacon and other pork products everywhere.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Thanks, Joe. Rita likes to hear she's brilliant, I like to hear I'm right.

Greybeard said...

It's a clear, blue sky day. I feel good. So...
Rita is brilliant.
Ed is right.

There. My work is done.

Rita said...

Thank you very much gentlemen, but honestly I can hardly get past the picture of the pork loin wrapped in bacon that I found on google.

I might even actually VOTE for someone that would offer me free bacon and pork for life.

Then again......maybe not.

Glen said...

I realize that they have been trying to reduce the costs for medical care. However passing a mandate thet will preclude devout muslims and jews from seeking hospital care might be a bit callus. Of course they can always blame the doctors or the previous administration. That has seemed to work for them in the past.

CnC said...

I always encourage Rita as a child and look how smart she turned out,
You should send this to the Whitehouse.

Rita said...

So true Glen.

Sending this to the Whitehouse might have them considering implementing it for the Jews, but there would be an exemption for Islamists.

Mrs. Who said...

Whoa...I gave almost this same argument to my mother yesterday when she said she's not paying attention to the birth control issue because 'she's too old to have kids anyway'. She said she didn't see a connection.

I'm sorry to admit this, but my mother likes her Obamakool-aid.

Rita said...

No one will convince me that this latest mandate is not just a disguised precursor to providing free abortions. And I can still hear the screams of outrage echoing how horrible our US soldiers were in taunting the Islamic terrorists with dogs.

CJ said...

Rita -

Bravo!

cjh

Jess said...

Brilliant indeed. When you add the bacon photo, the mental candy is complete.

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

Since nothing makes sense any more...I think I'll crusade for more cowbells. There's bound to be someone somewhere who will declare I'm being unfair or racist.

Related Posts with Thumbnails